Screen Room Operator
This position requires a self-motivated individual who is able to communicate well with others, problem solve and ensure quality work. The individual should be mechanically inclined and be able to do the daily functions such as verifying paperwork, ink, materials, and screens. They should be able to determine the correct squeegee and flood bar, and color needed for the job. Be able to set up the press accordingly. Must be able to prioritize, read blue prints and use a ruler and calipers. Screen printing experience is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work with strong chemicals and heavy fumes
- Verifies size, color, type of material, color of ink from a job order/blueprint and print required quantity
- Acquire correct screen job, set up, run and tear down press accordingly.
- Communicate with Supervisor and other Managers as needed to complete required work
- Maintain equipment according to daily requirements etc.
- Work scheduled overtime as determined
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complete all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow all safety and work rules and regulations
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned
- Other job duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to add and subtract, use rule, calipers, and calculator
- Minimum computer skills
- Undergo a reference or security check
- Pass a physical examination