Ink Prep & Conveyance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and/or move between 20 to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work with strong chemicals and heavy fumes
- Ability to work in a setting where noise levels vary
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
This position requires a self-motivated individual who is able to communicate well with others, problem solve and ensure quality work. The individual should be mechanically inclined and be able to do the daily functions such as verifying paperwork, ink, materials, and screens. They should be able to determine the correct squeegee and flood bar, and color needed for the job. Be able to set up the press accordingly. Must be able to prioritize, read blue prints and use a ruler and calipers. Screen printing experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verifies size, color, type of material, color of ink from a job order/blueprint and print required quantity
- Acquire correct screen, job ticket, ink, and material and provide to screen room operator when in conveyance role
- Perform color checks
- Sign off on Color checks for employees
- Prioritize jobs by start dates and finish dates according to tickets
- Un rack orange flags for screen operators & responds to all other flags accordingly
- Assist screen operators when they are struggling
- Mix ink according to PMS colors/job tickets according to start dates
- Mix ink according to start dates and provide tickets to Warehouse in a timely manner
- Use the X-rite Ink Formulation system and continue to look for ways to improve it
- Communicate with Supervisor and other Managers as needed to complete required work
- Maintain equipment according to daily requirements etc.
- Maintain regular attendance
- Work scheduled overtime as determined
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complete all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow all safety and work rules and regulations
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned
- Other job duties as assigned