Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The Production Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with the Director of Operations to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels and solving production problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Populate, print and distribute department(s) production schedule
- Track orders as needed to ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate with other internal departments to understand and meet all their needs
- Coordinate with purchasing to ensure materials are available when needed
- Inventory management; as a back fill for Purchasing, verifying stock; scheduling delivery and expediting delivery when necessary to meet customer demand
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Uses Shoptech Software to plan and prepare production schedules. Schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to customer orders
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Provides operations and quality control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, take initiative and seek additional training of direction as need
- Develop and achieve departmental and company goals and controls. Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity
- Maintain regular attendance
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Completes all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow all safety and work rules and regulations
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned
- Other job duties as assigned