How Choosing The Best Graphic Overlay Manufacturer Makes A Difference For Your Brand
Graphic overlays play a critical role as the interface from which a device is controlled, as well as the tactile and visual representation of your brand. Often used for control panels or faceplates for products ranging from medical devices to industrial equipment, a well-designed and well-produced graphic overlay can make a product easier to use and convey a sense of quality.
Before turning to a graphic overlay manufacturer with your application requirements, it’s good to answer a few questions to understand which type of graphic overlay will fit your project best.
1.) Clarify the Basic Criteria
Ask yourself some basic questions about your product. This will help your graphic overlay manufacturer to create the perfect product to your exact specifications. For example:
- What type of device will the graphic overlay be used for?
- What is the purpose of the graphic overlay in your application?
- How complex is the printing design?
- How complex is the control panel on your device?
- How is the panel operated?
- What type of environment will your application product be used in?
- What is the expected frequency and intensity of usage?
These answers will guide your graphic overlay manufacturer in delivering the final product.
When approaching a graphic overlay manufacturer, it’s important to know what kinds of materials are available and the benefits of each. The two main materials used are:
– Polycarbonate – This material is developed for environments with extreme temperature fluctuations and changes in climate. Polycarbonate graphic overlays can be used indoors as well as outdoors and they have a high tolerance for fires and flames.
– Polyester – Polyester is heat tolerant and designed to be resistant to UV rays, so it won’t fade in the sunlight.
3.) Finishes & Treatments
The kind of finish you get for your graphic overlay is just as important as the material, contributing to the look and usability of your product. Common finishes and treatments include:
- Gloss or matte finishes
- Textures or patterns
- Metallic finishes
- Anti-glare coating
- Protective coatings
- Anti-microbial coatings
Backlighting can be incorporated in a graphic overlay to improve appearances, add functionality such as status indicators, or provide illumination for improved legibility. When working with your graphic overlay manufacturer, you must specify if you desire to backlight when discussing design.
It’s critical to consider how the overlay will integrate into control panel housing. Choosing the most appropriate adhesive will streamline assembly and ensure a long-lasting bond. When selecting an adhesive solution for your graphic overlay, consider the type of environment it will be used in and how that may contribute to deterioration over time.
The Best Graphic Overlay Manufacturers
Impact Label produces graphic overlays on durable substrates with printing and finishing options that provide superior quality and usability. Choosing the right graphic overlay manufacturer will affect the way your customers interact with your products. Delivering high-quality, durable, and easy-to-use products is beneficial to your brand. Learn how we can help your business make a lasting impact.